Guidance for Nominations
The Enterprise in Society Awards are open to all social enterprises based in or delivering in Lancashire.
The following guidelines are provided to give your submission the maximum chance of success:
- Nominations are open for 9 categories which focus on the impacts of organisations and the achievements of individuals.
- THIS YEAR, our tenth category, the ‘Social Enterprise of the Year 2019’ will be awarded by the judging panel from all organisation nominations received.
- The judging panel will be looking primarily for examples of impacts and achievements over the past 12 to 18 months that justify awarding the prize for each category.
- There are 3 questions for each category. Where possible, in your nominations please refer to examples of increased turnover, new contracts gained, new social benefits delivered and expansion/consolidation of the business.
- Please note, members of the judging panel will be unfamiliar with your organisation, so please write your nominations accordingly.
- Organisations may submit nominations in more than 1 category however you must apply under each category individually.
Submitting your nominations
For each nomination/s you will be asked for a very brief biography and a high-resolution photo that represents your organisation in action. The winning organisation for each category will be invited to talk for 1 minute about the photo submitted to tell the human story behind their work. The photographs from shortlisted organisations will be displayed together on the night.
Please also provide us with nominated organisation’s logos and social media / Twitter handles to email@example.com (#SelnetAwards for tweets!)
Nominations should be submitted online before the closing date. We recommend that applicants refer to the Guidance document and you may also choose to draft responses separately first (both for future reference and to avoid losing your responses if the page refreshes or internet connection is lost).
For an alternative format or to ask any questions, contact Selnet on 01772 200690 or firstname.lastname@example.org before the new closing date of Thursday 19th September at midday.
By submitting a nomination or nominations, you are declaring that the information you have given is a true and accurate representation of the organisation and/or nominated organisation or person. If any of this information is found to be incorrect in a way that affects eligibility for an award or place in the Enterprise in Society Awards 2019, Selnet has a right to withdraw the entry.
By nominating you acknowledge that the selection of the shortlisted entrants and winners will be within the sole discretion of the judges and Selnet and that these decisions are final. Feedback on nominations may be possible on request.